run. laugh. celebrate.
Imagine a powerful sea of women on the move – encouraging fellow runners, creating unforgettable moments, and celebrating personal running triumphs. Picture an inspiring weekend filled with “mocktail” parties, yoga sessions, an exciting expo, and celebrations in an unforgettable resort location. This is ZOOMA Women’s Race Series.
- Mission: To inspire women to live healthy, happy, & active lives.
- Boutique events in awe-inspiring destinations with a “fit girls weekend” schedule of activities
- Inaugural event held in Annapolis, MD on June 1, 2008 attracted over 1,600 runners
- 2016 events held in Annapolis, MD, Amelia Island, FL, and Cape Cod (Falmouth), MA!
“Run by Women”
ZOOMA is unique among other women’s races in that it is literally “run by women” (pun intended!) ZOOMA’s Founder and Executive Director is a woman, mother, and runner, and the staff are all women. Our primary goal is to execute events that cater to the real needs and wants of women runners. Have an idea? We want to hear it. Email us at email@example.com.
Brae Blackley, Founder and Executive Director of ZOOMA Women’s Race Series, left a career in corporate law to follow her dream for a national women’s event series that empowers women to live active, healthy, and happy lives. Brae founded ZOOMA in 2007 working at a makeshift desk in a coffee shop. Now, ZOOMA is a growing national series of women’s running events, with a booming following among active women and an exciting line up of events in cities across the U.S.
Healthy and active living has always been an important part of Brae’s life. Growing up in a coastal town in Florida, Brae spent summers swimming, water skiing, and playing volleyball on the beach. She ran on her high school’s cross country and track and field teams. Experiencing the impact of sports and fitness in her own life led to Brae’s passion for inspiring women to realize their full potential through active living.
Brae continues to run recreationally and completed the New York Marathon in 2013. She also enjoys traveling, cooking, and scuba diving. Brae earned her J.D. from The George Washington Law School in Washington, DC and her B.A. from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. She lives in Arlington, Virginia with her husband, Seth, and three monkeys, Davis, Drew and Jack.
Follow Brae on Twitter at @ZOOMA_Brae
Brooke Reiley, Director of Operations of ZOOMA Women’s Race Series, began her athletic career as a competitive dancer. She played volleyball and ran track (hurdles) in high school, and now tries to get a run in at any chance she gets. Growing up in north Florida, outdoor activity has always been an important part of Brooke’s everyday life. On the weekends (when she’s not at a ZOOMA event), she enjoys doing almost anything outdoors.
In various stages of Brooke’s working life, she has worked as a nanny to twin girls and as a bridal store manager. She loves pepperoni pizza more than anyone we’ve ever known and has been a strong and loyal ZOOMA supporter since its founding in 2007. Her workout faves include pilates, yoga, running and hiking. Brooke lives in Matthews, NC with her husband Courtland and two sons, “little Courtland” and Logan.
Follow Brooke on Twitter @ZOOMA_Brooke
Interested in joining our team? You can contact us here.
Check out our podcast, ZOOMALife Radio, here.
You can find out more about us by reading our blog series “Face Behind The Race”.
- To conduct social girls weekend fitness experiences in awe-inspiring destinations
- To offer “boutique” running events that are distinguished by excellent customer service and upscale amenities
- To execute highly organized and professional races that exceed participants’ and partners’ expectations
- To encourage every woman to participate
- To build a supportive online community that encourages women to maintain an active lifestyle
- To celebrate participants on and off the race course