Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I register for a ZOOMA race?
- You can register for ZOOMA races online by clicking on the “Register Now” link on the “Registration” page for your event, or by downloading and mailing in a paper registration form. For efficiency, accuracy, and in an effort to be green, we request that participants utilize the online registration option whenever possible.
- I cannot participate in the race for which I am registered because I am pregnant/injured/out of the country, etc. Can I get a deferral or refund?
- ZOOMA registration fees are nonrefundable. We have to plan well in advance for certain accommodations for race participants, and therefore cannot offer refunds. We do not presently offer deferrals for future ZOOMA races.
- My discount code isn’t working. What gives?
- Here are a few troubleshooting ideas: 1. Check the expiration date of your code (is the code still valid?); 2. Make sure you are entering NO “spaces” in the coupon field and that you are entering the code EXACTLY as it appears on the promotion you received; 3. Make sure you are entering the code for the race that you are trying to register for. If these ideas fail, please contact us. Please note that only one code can be used for each registration.
- Can I use multiple discount codes?
- My discount code did not apply when I registered. Can you refund the discount to my credit card?
- No. Please make sure that your coupon is applied to your total BEFORE you check out as we are unable to issue refunds for discounts.
- I registered for a ZOOMA race without a discount code, but now I have a code. Can you refund me the discount?
- No. Sorry about that. Sometimes you are lucky and catch a sale, and sometimes not! Sign up for the ZOOMA mailing list to ensure you receive promotional emails in the future.
- I registered for the race but did not make it to Packet Pickup. Can you mail me my race t-shirt and goodie bag?
- If race t-shirts and goodie bags are available after race weekend, we would be happy to send one to you. Please send a check for $20 (shipping & handling) to Premier Sports Productions, 817 W Cumberland Ct, Jacksonville, FL 32259. Include your name, date of birth, and race for which you registered. If race t-shirts and goodie bags are available, we will mail your shirt and packet to you. Please make every effort to attend Packet Pickup, even if you are not running in the race, if you want your race t-shirt, as we cannot guarantee the availability of goodie bags and t-shirts after the close of Packet Pickup.
Registration Upgrade Questions
- Can I purchase upgrade options after I have registered?
- Upgrade offers are only available during registration! Training kits will not be sold at ZOOMA pre- or post-race expos at the same discounted price.
Training Program Questions
- Who provides your training program?
- Sarah Bowen Shea and Dimity McDowell are offering ZOOMA participants exclusive *early* access to the training programs from their new book, Train Like a Mother (due to be released March 20). Check out Sarah and Dimity’s blog at www.anothermotherrunner.com.
- I did not receive a confirmation email with my training program links. What gives?
- Please check your junk mail folder, as the confirmation emails send immediately. If you still cannot locate your confirmation email, contact us at email@example.com. Links to training programs are also included in monthly newsletters sent to all registered participants. Newsletters go out around the 15th of each month.
- What if I have questions about the training programs?
- Contact us through the form on the training page. We will respond as soon as possible.
Packet Pickup Questions
- What happens at Packet Pickup?
- At Packet Pickup you will receive several items that are important for participating in the race. You must visit Packet Pickup before the race to collect these important items.
- Which Packet Pickup should I attend?
- Check out the Packet Pickup schedule (available on “Race Details or Weekend Details” page), and choose a time and location that is convenient for you. All packets will be at all locations, so it does not matter which location you choose to pick up your packet.
- What will I receive at Packet Pickup?
- Here is a list of the items you will pick up at packet pick-up:
- Bib number & safety pins: Your bib number is a paper number that you will safety pin on four corners to the front of your shirt on race morning. You can keep your bib number as a souvenir of your participation.
- Timing tag: Your timing tag is a small, plastic, white sticker that is attached to the back of your bib. This timing device includes technology that will allow ZOOMA to calculate the exact time between when you cross the start line to when you cross the finish line (called “net time.”) Please do not crinkle or fold your bib as this may affect the performance of the timing device. You do not need to return the timing device after you complete the race.
- T-shirt: All participants will receive the official ZOOMA race t-shirt.
- Goodie Bag: You will receive a goodie bag that includes samples from our sponsors.
- Virtual Goodie Bag access: A virtual goodie bag for all non paper items will be available on the website on the first day of packet pick up.
- What if I can’t make it to Packet Pickup?
- You can have a friend pick up your packet. You do not need to give your friend any special information or sign any document for her/him to pick up your packet UNLESS they have not signed the waiver form during online registration. The waivers do not get signed when someone else registers for another person. You can log in to your registration through your confirmation email to electronically sign the waiver in advance. If the waiver is not signed upon pick up, the packet will not be released.
- You can opt to have your packet mailed to you for an additional $20. If you want your packet to be mailed to you, chose this option during online registration or send a check for $20 to the address below. Be sure to include your name, the race for which you are registered, and DOB with the check. We must receive your check before a certain date, depending on the race for which you have registered. Check the “Race Details” page for your event to find the cut-off date for mailed packets.Premier Sports Productions
817 W Cumberland Ct
Jacksonville, FL 32259
- Is there a limit to how many packets I can pick up for friends?
- There is no number limit, but please alert us in advance if you plan to pick up packets for more than 8 people.
- I missed the Mailed Packet Cut Off date. Can I please have my packet mailed to me?
- We begin creating mailed packets directly after the cut-off date, and therefore cannot accept late requests for mailed packets. Try to recruit a friend pick up your packet for you if you are unable to make it to a Packet Pickup location.
- Can I pick up my packet on race morning?
- No. You must pick up your packet at a Packet Pickup location. ZOOMA staff will not be distributing race packets on race morning.
- I paid to have my packet mailed to me, but I have not yet received it. What gives?
- Race packets will be mailed by the week before the race. If you have not received your packet in the mail by Wednesday before the race, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Race Day Questions
- What time should I arrive on race day?
- Arrive for the race no later than 45 minutes in advance of the start time. This will give you plenty of time to find the start line, use the bathroom one last time, and put all your things in a secure location. Find your place behind the start line about 15 minutes before the start.
- What do I do with my bib number and timing tag before starting the race?
- Pin your bib number to the front of your shirt with safety pins. If you plan to “layer” with an outer garment, pin your bib number to the garment that you think will be outermost by the time you cross the finish line. (For example, if you will wear a sweatshirt for the first half of the race, but will remove it for the last half, pin your bib number to the shirt you are wearing under the sweatshirt.) Your timing device is the plastic,white sticker that is attached to the back of your bib.
- When will results be posted online?
- Results will be posted online no later than 4 p.m. on race day.
- Whom do I contact if my question is not answered here?
- Please contact us through the Contact page on this website, and we’ll do our best to respond to your question as soon as possible.