ZOOMA Great Lakes Half Marathon & 5K
2013 Race Information coming soon!
Saturday, October 20, 2012
The Abbey Resort & Spa
Fontana, Wisconsin – Lake Geneva
(90 mins from Chicago/ 45 mins from Milwaukee and Madison)
You’re used to escaping to lake country with your family in the summer, but ZOOMA is the time to escape from your family—at least for the duration of the race—to the shores of Lake Geneva! The posh Abbey Resort, the only full-service resort on the shores of the lake, is a perfect get-away for both families and girls’ weekends. With jaw-dropping architecture that is lined with windows, the resort, which is set on 90 lush acres that will be ripe with fall colors, overlooks the marina.
The ZOOMA start, finish, and post-race party are all at the resort; the out-and-back course stretches through the small, lakeside town of Fontana and along the shoreline. Although there are definitely some hills along the route, the views will lift you up, as will the thought of post-race festivities—followed by a hot-stone massage at the Avani spa or s’mores onsite at the resort.
Average race day temperatures
ZOOMA Great Lakes Perks:
- Entry into a professionally managed half marathon or 5K race
- Complimentary training programs from AnotherMotherRunner.com
- Water and Cytomax Sports Performance drink on the course
- Water, Cytomax Sports Performance drink, Muscle Milk Light and food at the finish line
- GU Energy Gel station along the course
- Wine from Barefoot Wine & Bubbly at the After-Party Expo
- Necklace designed exclusively for ZOOMA by Satya Jewelry for half marathon finishers
- Post-race massage, shopping and live music at the ZOOMA After-Party Expo
- USATF-certified course
- ChronoTrack timed race results