ZOOMA Texas Half Marathon, 10K, & 5K
Saturday, April 12, 2014
Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort and Spa, Bastrop/Austin, TX
Half Marathon Start: 7:30 a.m.
10K Start: 7:35 a.m.
5K Start: 7:40 a.m.
ZOOMA Texas lets you savor the splendor of spring wildflowers in the Texas Hill Country, as you wind your way through 13.1 miles well outside of the Austin city limits. Bluebonnets and Indian Paintbrush dance in the waving grasses on either side of the quiet roadways that make up this scenic race. For the last few miles of the half marathon, you’ll traverse exclusively on the gorgeous grounds of the host property, the Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort.
Less than 20 minutes from the Austin airport, the tranquil, gracious setting—complete with a few authentic Texas longhorn cattle—is the ideal retreat for a girlfriends-getaway. There’s even a secluded adults-only pool overlooking the Colorado River that borders the property, perfect for chilling post-race. The pool is part of the resort’s award-winning Spa Django, offering restorative massages, body treatments, and facials. Consider treating your tired feet to a Texas Two Step Massage after challenging yourself in the race.
Given that the race is in Hill Country, there’s no getting away from inclines and declines, but the course’s natural beauty and the race’s all-women’s vibe will carry you along. The After-Party Expo, held under a rustic wooden roof on a pavilion overlooking the river, is the ideal location for sampling complimentary wine, shopping, checking your results, and sharing laughs and memories with friends old and new.
Race Cap: 2,500
Average Race Day Temperatures:
ZOOMA Texas Perks:
- Entry into a scenic, professionally-managed, and timed half marathon, 10K, or 5K race
- Access to full fit girls weekend schedule – a Fitness Expo, an Honest Tea Mocktail Party, and an After-Party Expo featuring wine from Barefoot Wine & Bubbly, post-race massages, shopping, and music
- ZOOMA Signature Swag Bag (over $50 value)
- Water and Cytomax Sports Performance drink stationed along the course and at the finish line
- Muscle Milk Light and food at the finish line
- A sweet ZOOMA medal!
- Access to special room rates at the official race hotel, the Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort and Spa